none
How to remain in the same stage even after clicking Submit button RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am designing workflow for Project server 2013 in visual studio 2012. Below is the workflow activity in the order that I am using in my workflow.

EnterProjectStage

WaitForProjectEvent (for which I have configured to 'OnProjectSubmit')

ExitProjectStageGate

So the above flow tells that, by the click of submit button it will enter the projectstage and it will leave the stage. Now for me I want to remain in the same stage even after the click of a submit button. How this can be done, which property I should add here?

• Edited by Shanila m Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:47 PM

Answers

• yes, the business logic is, if I am selecting a customfield A as True, then it should go to next stage and if I am selecting customfield A as false, then it should be on the same stage and also the submit button should be enable since the user will come again and change the value to True to advance to the next stage.

But I have solved this issue now, below is what I do.

- drag a 'while' loop

- then drag 'EnterProjectStage' (with Stage Id set to current stage) to while loop

- then drag 'WaitForProjectEvent' with its value set to 'OnProjectSubmit'

Thats it and it works.

But this was hard to find, and I dont think its legitimate one, but working. Please share if you have any more on this.

• Marked as answer by Shanila m Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:24 AM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:21 AM

All replies

• Any help for this question?

Have reached a dead end, please help.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:20 PM
  • Submit button Clicked

{

EnterProjectStage

if(i>0)

then ExitProjectStageGate

else

i = 1;

}

With the above logic will I be able to stay in the same stage by staying in the 'else' condition. Is this possible? I am not able to check in visual studio, but if someboday have any idea, please let me know.

• Edited by Shanila m Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:32 AM
  • Any help on this question?
    Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:16 AM
  • Any Help please?
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:35 AM
  • Any Help please?
    Please can someone answer on this question..... This is really required.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:27 AM
  • Can you give us some more details around this, curios to know the business logic behind it, why would you want to submit and still wait in the same stage, if thats true what is the condition to move forward, typically you can put an infinite loop in there because of which it will keep waiting in that loop, but it has other implications 

Thanks | epmXperts | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:20 PM
  • yes, the business logic is, if I am selecting a customfield A as True, then it should go to next stage and if I am selecting customfield A as false, then it should be on the same stage and also the submit button should be enable since the user will come again and change the value to True to advance to the next stage.

But I have solved this issue now, below is what I do.

- drag a 'while' loop

- then drag 'EnterProjectStage' (with Stage Id set to current stage) to while loop

- then drag 'WaitForProjectEvent' with its value set to 'OnProjectSubmit'

Thats it and it works.

But this was hard to find, and I dont think its legitimate one, but working. Please share if you have any more on this.

• Marked as answer by Shanila m Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:24 AM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:21 AM