none
Calling .Net 3.5 application from .Net 1.1 application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a POC fto validate the co-existence of the web application built on .Net 1.1 framework and .Net 3.5 framework. This is basically to check whether step by step migration if possible of the client's mission critical application built on .Net 1.1 framework.

I plan to migrate module by module from 1.1 to 3.5. Till the time I want both the applications to co-exists on the server.

For PoC, I have migrated one module to .Net 3.5 (by creating a new solution/ application) and trying to call it (through url) from the .Net 1.1 solution. While doing so I am facing following problems:

1. There is good amount of user data stored in session. I tried to pass the data through querystrings, but it is crossing the limit of 256 char.

2. I am not able to debug the pages (step through) in the Visual Studio 2003 env.

Any help on how above can be achieved would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Amit

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

As to how to pass data via query strings,  I am not sure where the limit of 256 chars comes out. But you could post this question to State Management forum for a better response. Here are some more reference: The QueryString Has a Maximum Length.

As to calling .NET 3.5 assembly from .NET 1.1 assembly, there's a similar thread you may find helpful.

Please mark the right answer at right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, August 24, 2010 8:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:55 AM

All replies