none
paramater problem RRS feed

• Question

• hi

this Shah Kamran Qader:

i wana add paramaters in rdlc report and i using oracle data base now tell me how can add paramater in own report,

for example hiredate as from date and to date

Forum: Visual Studio Report Controls
    Posted: : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 3:43 PM
    Post Subject: : passing session parameters - newbie question
     Mark Bennett112838 wrote:

hey guys, another newb question for ya.

ok got a report viewer control on 2.aspx - local mode links to a .rdlc and connects to a orcale Connection String and everything im doing is in VB.

Next i got 1.aspx webpage with 2 fields. DATE1 and DATE2.  When the user hit the generate button I saved the inputs into Session("DATE1") and Session("DATE2") and postback to page 2.aspx. 

Next i verify 2.aspx picked up on the 2 session variables I made and it does.  Now I want the report to display ONLY my fields in the report table which are in bettween the dates selected. 

What is the best way to go about this or can anyoine give me a link to somewhere that explains passing session parameters into a .rdlc connection string.

Thanks,

Mark Bennett!!!!!

thegameguy@gmail.com

EDIT: I Have already tried putting in parameters the way gotreportviewier.com does it. The expression I used was:

=(Choose(Fields!CURRENTACTIVITYTYPE_ID.Value, "DataSet1_PNP_CLIENT"))= "Session(DATE1)"

As my only parameter.. This doesn't work though it says that:

A Label expression used for the report parameter 'DateParameter' refers to a field.  fields cannot be used in report parameter expressions

Sad  how else can I make the report just diaply the dates the user selects? 

Monday, March 24, 2008 9:33 AM

All replies

• Ok, well if your talking about adding ReportParameters  to the report,  being parameters created in the .RDLC file, then that is independent of any database, and it's just something you handle in your page/form code.

If your talking about parameters being sent to oracle for retrieving data, then I'd imagine that's more of an ADO.NET question not so much a report question.  So which one is it?

Monday, March 24, 2008 1:46 PM