External Reference braking Xaml Editor

Question

• I have two projects:

1. My main project defining my application
    2. A "common" project which contains some control I want to reuse across applications

When in my Xaml (in application project), I use the following line:

xmlns:epyx="using:Ch.Epyx.Common.Controls"

I then use a control from this lib. This just broke the XAML intellisense. Any hints to prevent this?

Friday, May 04, 2012 9:46 AM

Answers

• It seems it was fixed by Release Candidate. But the performance are bad as soon as I use my own control (still in designer)
    • Marked as answer by SirLeamont Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:41 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• I'm running into this exact same issue.  Commenting out references to any of my custom controls/classes will bring back Intellisense in that file.  The classes are part of the same project, just different namespaces.  Is it an issue with the way I'm defining my classes?  Interested in hearing any workarounds for this.
    Friday, May 04, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I can reproduce it on my side. Since this is a beta version. You can also submit it on https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework

Monday, May 07, 2012 8:01 AM
  • It seems it was fixed by Release Candidate. But the performance are bad as soon as I use my own control (still in designer)
    • Marked as answer by SirLeamont Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:41 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Hi,

Hi work in the Designers team and would like to get a better understanding of the performance issue that you are seeing.

Would it be possible for you to share the code that shows the performance issue that you are facing? If you don't want to share it publicly, do you mind contacting me directly at YanivF@Microsoft.Com.

Thanks,

Yaniv

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:29 AM
  • Thanks Yaniv,

I'll try to send you a small set of code recreating the problem. If I cannot, I'll send you my entire solution.

Regards, Cedric

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:46 AM