none
VSS warning ASR Warning: Failed to collect disk information for ASR backup: Reason: Unable to obtain disk information for device 2 (Win32 error code) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have been receiving this warning in our event logs and our backup (NBU 7.1) have problem backing up the server completely.  Usually with a partial successful and a few path error in opening.  I use the vssadmin list writers command and usually i will have the wmi writers in (5) state Waiting for completion.  There is also some error in the event logs with regards to Virtual Disk service Unexpected failure. Error code: AA@2000018 (when backup is running).  I have logged a case with symantec but they have pointed out that this case should be a windows vss issue.  Hence could you help me in finding out the root cause of this issue?

OS platform: Windows 2008 R2 SP1

NBU client: 6.5.6

Regards,

Alvin Tan

Regards, Alvin Tan alvin.tan@bt.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:58 AM

All replies

• his issue is with w2k8r2sp1 not w2k8 do these articles still apply?  I ask because I have the same problem.

thanks

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:24 PM
  • having same problems with our Windows Server 2008 R2 Backup Server. I have read somewhere, that the issues with KB967560 is solved with 2008 SP1, but we have 2008 R2!?

The Server has only 2 physical drives in mirror. The data drive (D:) is stored in the SAN. There are other drives connected for backup services (library). Maybe the server had some trouble with one of those paths?

br

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:17 AM