can't create web app on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

i'm having issues creating web app on Azure, each time i click 'Review and create' it gives me this error message; ''The template deployment failed because of policy violation''

I've followed all the steps carefully, including changing the regions, but it keeps giving me the same error message' please kindly assist.

Felix Uroko

xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Saturday, August 10, 2019 7:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Felix,

Are you the owner of the subscription?  Someone might have assigned a custom policy on your subscription that doesn't allow creation on web app. 

Please check with the any other administrator on the subscription or post the complete JSON format error to identify the exact cause.

Rahber
    @Rahber

Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

Please check your permissions level. if permissions is not an issue, please raise support request.

-Malleswar

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:56 AM
  • Adding to Rahber and Malleswar’s response. Typically, for security or compliance, your subscription administrators might assign policies that limit how resources are deployed. For example, your subscription might have a policy that prevents creating Azure WebApps, Public IP addresses, Network Security Groups, location restrictions for resources etc . The error message in the Symptoms section shows the name of the policy. To resolve this problem, review the resource policies, and determine how to deploy resources that comply with those policies or you can reach out to your subscription administrator.

Kindly refer this document 'Overview of the Azure Policy service' for more details on this topic. If you need further assistance please share the exact error message you receive for further analysis.

Monday, August 12, 2019 4:48 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you Rahber
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:30 AM
  • Thank you Malleswar
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:30 AM
  • Thank you very much
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:31 AM