none
monitoring .net application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can you please let me know about the best practices for monitoring .net applications.

i have gone through Operating .net Framework-based application-microssoft press but this book is for .net 1.0 and windows 2000.Moreover,it gives illustration about all types of performance counters but not specfic and short recommeddation about which all counters to use and in what type of applications.

Can somebody know about any weblink or new edition of this book which can give me some gist about this.

Cheers

Monday, July 2, 2007 12:27 PM

Answers

• Congratulations - your post has been selected for an ARCast.TV Rapid Response!

To listen to Architect MVP Michele Leroux Bustamante and Ron Jacobs address your question click here

Hope this helps,

Ron Jacobs

Monday, July 9, 2007 6:18 PM

All replies

• Microsoft Patterns & Practices have some good work in this area.

Try http://www.codeplex.com/PerfTesting/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Schedule&version=26
    for a start
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:13 PM
  • Congratulations - your post has been selected for an ARCast.TV Rapid Response!

To listen to Architect MVP Michele Leroux Bustamante and Ron Jacobs address your question click here

Hope this helps,

Ron Jacobs

Monday, July 9, 2007 6:18 PM
  •  

Hi.  You can monitor your .NET app with Intercept Studio (www.avicode.com).  I'm using it with my process and the tool complements it very well.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:27 PM
  •  

You can check in monitoring concepts chapter in "Operating .NET-based Applications"

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/practices/aa497328.aspx

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:02 AM
  • Hi Chandra,

This is the same book mentioned by me.

The only thing is that it is based on .net 1.0 and windows 2000.

That's why i want to know about any of ite new edition of this book, though its many contents are still relevant.

Cheers

Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:52 AM