PowerPivot: Insert Table View - Not PivotTable or PivotGraph RRS feed

• Question

• Background:

In my case, I want to get an exact copy of the table I imported with PowerPivot and not any of the Pivot Options.

The reason is that I have an existing XLS document that has 3 sheets.  ExecutiveOverview, Data, Sheet3

The ExecutiveOverview tab/sheet has formulas, graphs, etc that get their data/numbers from "Data" sheet.

The Data sheet/tab is updated manually.  I want to make this data update automatically via PowerPivot so I thought I have PowerPivot insert the raw data into "Sheet3" 

So I used PowerPivot to connect to the source table 

Then I went back to my excel "Sheet 1" and went to the "Data" Menu Option.  Chose from "Existing Connections" 

Selected the PowerPivot connection

And then in the window that asks me where do you want your data - I see the three choices

Table (Disabled)

[] PivotTable

[] Pivot Graph

Is there a way to insert PowerPivot data into a Sheet that is not in the Pivot form?

Monday, August 9, 2010 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Edgar,

I think a flattened pivottable would do the trick here.  Go to Pivottable, and select the flattened pivottable and insert the data you want. This creates a flat table where you can create your excel graphs, etc on.

Kasper

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Edgar,

I think a flattened pivottable would do the trick here.  Go to Pivottable, and select the flattened pivottable and insert the data you want. This creates a flat table where you can create your excel graphs, etc on.

Kasper

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:34 PM
  • Kasper, you rock.  That was it!  Thanks.
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:37 PM