none
Unsupported Major.Minor Version

Question

• I just downloaded Xamarin for visual studio 2015. I did everything written in xamarin website. But when i try to build an android app, it shows an "Unsupported Major.Minor Version 52.0" error. How can i fix it?

This is a Error

Friday, October 28, 2016 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi PRINCE MEMON,

Please create a default Android app with Xamarin for Visual Studio 2015 and build this default app to check whether it could be built successful.

If the default app build successful, I'm afraid that there has any problem when your create your app when referring to the xamarin website. Please provide the xamarin website link and the detailed steps about how you do, which can help us check whether there has any problems on your operations.

If the default app also get this issue, I'm afraid that there has any problem on Visual Studio environment. Please tell us which android API you have installed on Visual Studio 2015 and which version of Windows version do you use.

If you installed Android API 24, please try uninstall it and try rebuild your app again.

In addition, please try repair your Visual Studio to check whether this issue related to Visual Studio installation.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 31, 2016 8:12 AM