none
Excel VBA web query only works on development box RRS feed

  • Question

  • So I have a web query, standard syntax, nothing special.

    It stopped working because the web site changed. I updated the query.

    Then I decided to add a login to the VBA so I didn't have to log in first, I could just run my VBA code. Works great on my developer PC. I also have VS and other development tools.

    I try to run the same VBA code on a different workstation in the office, and nothing. I can see that I get to the web site, but I don't retrieve any data.

    What is the best way to debug to see why this works on one PC and not another? Thanks.

    Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:53 PM

Answers

  • Never Mind, closing.

    Basically I had a cookie and the other PC's didn't.

    The log in wasn't actually working.  Once I got the login working I noticed the table header had changed, I fixed that and all is good.

    Thanks for the suggestions though.

    B

    • Proposed as answer by Chenchen LiModerator Saturday, April 29, 2017 3:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by BI-Bill Sunday, April 30, 2017 5:45 PM
    Friday, April 28, 2017 3:26 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    (1) delete a login to the VBA
    (2) find out the difference between two PCs

    You provided less information about your issue, I cannot provide more. 
    _______________
    Ashidacchi
    Friday, April 28, 2017 1:14 AM
  • Hello Bill,

    Do you get any error when running the macro in that PC? I would suggest you try to query manually to see if you could retrieve data. If it is possible, you may share the code here and we could test if it works for us.

    Regards,

    Celeste


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Friday, April 28, 2017 2:16 AM
    Moderator
  • Never Mind, closing.

    Basically I had a cookie and the other PC's didn't.

    The log in wasn't actually working.  Once I got the login working I noticed the table header had changed, I fixed that and all is good.

    Thanks for the suggestions though.

    B

    • Proposed as answer by Chenchen LiModerator Saturday, April 29, 2017 3:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by BI-Bill Sunday, April 30, 2017 5:45 PM
    Friday, April 28, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Hello Bill,

    We are glad that you have it fixed, i suggest you mark your post as answer to close this thread. 

    Regards,

    Celeste


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Saturday, April 29, 2017 3:34 AM
    Moderator