none
Run-time installation error

Question

• I have been tried to install a program on my image. 

1- There is a small USB device which called "HASP". It looks like small flash memory. The windows can't recognize its driver, but after the installation of the program, the windows can recognize it. But when I make an image and install the program, there is a message error its title is " HASP SRM Run-time Installation " and this message says " Operating system not supported        Error Code: 3  2  89  0 ".  When I try to open the program, New message appears " Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment (H0033) ". How can I overcome this problem?

2- All my iterations with this program are in an image with the windows explorer shell package to can access the whole device. If I want to use the command prompt shell with custom shell support package instead, I will need to install the program in the first time to make it run automatically with every starting up of windows embedded. How can I do that? I thought that I must first do "Analyze Static Dependencies" then insert a command line in Pass 7 oobeSystem in Synchronous Command. If it is correct, why doesn't it run?. If not, What is the correct .

Sunday, October 23, 2011 11:29 AM

Answers

• Windows Installer Service is needed in the image to run the installer. If you boot to the command prompt shell, can you run the installer from the command prompt?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Just use a run (a)syncrounous command or for you "SetupComplete.cmd" might me a good choice. you also can use auditmode (but to be honest i don't know how this will perform/act with custom shell.) Surch for both terms and you will find a good way. (usw google search, it's better than the msdn social search engine)
    Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:20 PM

All replies

• According to the the first problem, I found the answer. We must find the software that will run on windows 7 to can run in windows embedded standard 7. I had been had this software, but it is to windows XP and when I tried it on my computer which has windows 7 OS and then it ran,so I thought it would run in windows embedded standard 7.

But I still need to know how I can install the program in the first time where the image of windows embedded standard with command prompt shell with custom shell support package runs.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Windows Installer Service is needed in the image to run the installer. If you boot to the command prompt shell, can you run the installer from the command prompt?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Yes, If I boot to the command prompt shell, there is no problem. As I can run the installation from the command prompt.

But I want to use the command prompt shell with custom shell support package and set its value to the path of the program I want it to run only on this image. I still have no idea about how I can install the program in the first time. I added windows installer package to an image and  install this image, but I didn't find any changes or Is there a way to treat with that?

I think if I can make an image with command prompt shell with custom shell support package and run the installation from the command prompt, can I change the value of this package from command prompt to my program after the insrtallation of this image?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:35 PM
  • Just use a run (a)syncrounous command or for you "SetupComplete.cmd" might me a good choice. you also can use auditmode (but to be honest i don't know how this will perform/act with custom shell.) Surch for both terms and you will find a good way. (usw google search, it's better than the msdn social search engine)
    Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:20 PM
  • Yes, you can use the Registry to point away from CMD.EXE to the newly installed application.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:02 AM