none
Support for VS2013 RC and Windows 8.1 app in Team Foundation Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Original question was in Team Foundation Service forums here.

I recently upgraded my VS2012 solution containing a Windows 8 Store app to VS2013 RC and Windows 8.1. I switch to the "8.1 Preview Build Controller" but the build currently fails with the following error message:

C:\a\src\.nuget\nuget.targets (70): The task factory "CodeTaskFactory" could not be loaded from the assembly "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v4.0.dll". Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v4.0.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Am I doing something wrong or is this scenario not yet supported ?

Thanks

Monday, September 16, 2013 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Jeremy,

Sorry I don't know TFS service is not managed yourself. I've talked with TFS Service and he will continue help you on this issue. He may need to do the following:

1. Help you check whether the target machine has C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0 folder.

2. If not, he will try report this issue and try to see if someone can install it. If the folder do exist, he will escalate this case for you to see if it is a supported scenario right now.

Let's follow this case on TFS instead.

Best regards, 

Barry Wang
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeremy Alles,

Thanks for your post.

This forum may not be the right forum(.NET Framework installation). Anyway I will try help on this issue. I've checked my OS which do has this C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0 folder. This is because I have installed Visual Studio 2013 Preview(Judging from the installation date).

First of all,  the same error is already talked here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17609184/net-4-5-1-preview-support-in-visual-studio-2012  So the error info seems has the meaning "You version is mismatch".

I've asked TFS guy about this "8.1 Preview Build Controller", it seems the meaning of it is that you will run your app on a Win 8.1 machine.

So let's clarify some details:

1. What's your app target .NET Framework version?

2. Will you be able to run it if you install products like this page mentioned http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/archive/2013/08/08/building-apps-with-the-net-framework-4-5-1-preview-in-visual-studio-2012.aspx

Windows Software Development Kit for Windows 8.1 Preview http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=310212

(A good test is to change your target version to .NET 4.5.1 and use 8.1 Preview Build Controller again.)

By the way,if  "8.1 Preview Build Controller" means your app will run on a 8.1 machine, maybe your target machine will also need the package I mentioned. Can you also do a test for it?

Regards,

Barry Wang
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:27 AM
  • Hello Barry,

Thanks for helping me with this issue. Here are more details about things you mention:

• the Windows Store app target Windows 8.1 so I guess it's target .Net 4.5.1
    • build and deployment just works on my machine - it's just not building in Team Foundation Service using the hosted build controller

Because build fails in the hosted version of TFS there is not much I can install there. The original question was in the Team Foundation Service forums where I thought it was making more sense but the folks there redirected me here...

Jeremy

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:48 PM
  • Hi Jeremy,

Sorry I don't know TFS service is not managed yourself. I've talked with TFS Service and he will continue help you on this issue. He may need to do the following:

1. Help you check whether the target machine has C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0 folder.

2. If not, he will try report this issue and try to see if someone can install it. If the folder do exist, he will escalate this case for you to see if it is a supported scenario right now.

Let's follow this case on TFS instead.

Best regards, 

Barry Wang
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:23 AM