How to set up Azure API Management for multi-tenant SaaS environment RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to get expert opinion, if below approach is fine. I am creating a SaaS based Multi-tenant solution. There are few APIs, which I want to expose to external world using Azure API management.

• In Azure Portal, we will be creating API (say myAPI) in API management and configure it to our actual web API app.
    • Whenever we are adding new Tenant in our Azure SaaS Application, we will be following below steps (using APIs of API management through .net Application): -
      • Create Product as the Tenant. e.g. if tenant name is ABC, then we will be creating a Product as "ABC" in Azure API management.
      • Create a Group also with name like "ABC_Group".
      • Associate user's of Tenant "ABC" to "ABC_Group" and then assign this group to the product "ABC".
      • Associate this product with myAPI.
    I would like to get some advice, should we add Tenant name as a Product in API management. So e.g. we will be creating 100 product for 100 Tenant. Or is there any better solution?
    Friday, July 7, 2017 1:54 PM

All replies

• Yes, you are right. You should add tenant name as a Product in API Management. This would be the best approach for this scenario.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Swikruti Bose Friday, July 7, 2017 5:40 PM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 5:39 PM