none
How to properly remove solution from the Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• When I just remove it from the Start Page, the files are still on the drive. 

Then, if I want to start a new project of the same name, the all project gets in line and I end up renaming the new project. 

I just want to know how do I properly remove/delete project so is deleted from the drive. 

Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:03 PM

Answers

• So what is the point of confusion . You can always change the solution file path ,if you want to work with same solution name .If you want to delete the existing solution or project than you have option of manually deleting the specific solution or project from the file directory .

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, June 19, 2015 5:29 AM

All replies

• To permanently delete a project

1. In Solution Explorer, select the project you want to delete from the solution.

Web projects should simply be closed and deleted outside of Visual Studio using Windows Explorer.

2. On the Edit menu, select Remove.

3. In Windows Explorer, locate and select the files associated with the project you want to delete.

4. On the File menu, select Delete.

Refer: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3ba7zx39(v=vs.90).aspx

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:26 PM
  • So essentially, there is no way to remove the SOLUTION from VS both from the StartPage and from to hard drive ?
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:40 PM
  • Those are two very different things and they are essentially unrelated.

The Start Page is just like the Recent Documents list in Windows.  When you remove something from there, you're just removing the pointer.

Deleting a Solution is a file operation so that must be done on the file system.

You can have many Solutions/Projects on disk that are otherwise unknown to Visual Studio.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:47 PM
  • So what is the point of confusion . You can always change the solution file path ,if you want to work with same solution name .If you want to delete the existing solution or project than you have option of manually deleting the specific solution or project from the file directory .

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, June 19, 2015 5:29 AM