none
Problems with printing a (ReportViewer) report to different trays in a printer RRS feed

• Question

• Fellow Code Magicians,

(A trivial yet irritating issue...)I've noticed that when printing a report (using ReportViewer) from a WinFormsApp, the input tray used is different(usually Tray 1) from the default tray set for the printer. This has resulted in an inconvenient situation where a user has to physically put paper into a tray to print a report since the report doesn't print to the tray that usually takes care of all other print jobs like emails,letters and other typical office documents (and thus always has paper).

I tried modifying the printer properties and setting the tray explicitly, which didn't work. I'm wodering if it has anything to do with the default size(Letter?) of a (ReportViewer) report resulting in the selecting of the appropriate tray to get the paper? Or maybe it always prints to Tray 1 irrespective of printer make/model?

Any Comments /Fixes would be gratefully appreciated!

Avi

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:20 PM

All replies

• Avi I have the same problem. Did you resolve this?
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Hey Avi,

It seems I resolved my problem by changing the Page With to  21.59cm and Page Height to 27.94cm (I converted inches to cm)

Let me know

Regards,

Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:26 PM
  • Hey almostAnonymous,

Your suggestion has fixed the issue on one of our 'patients'. My team's trying it out on other printers to see if it's fixed there on those too.  THANK YOU for your help !! Smile

If it it still occurs on them, well...I'll wait on the next forum post!

Avi
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:17 PM