Importing MSSQL database into SQL-Server in HC RRS feed

• Question

• I want to migrate a MSSQL database from my current provider to the Azure Service. I have opened a trial account and created a MSSQL Server.

Every attempt to import the database backup filename.bak, that I have obtained from my current provider, ends with an error

STATUSMESSAGE {
      "code": "BadRequest",
      "message": "The ImportExport operation with Request Id '93e28b59-938d-47f4-987e-e0f302a5a37b' failed due to 'Error encountered during the service operation. \r\n\tCould not load package.\r\n\t\tFile contains corrupted data.\r\n\t\t\tFile contains corrupted data.\r\n'.",
      "target": null,
      "details": [],
      "innererror": []
    }

Is it possible to import an existing DB into Azure without hiring an expert consultant, or am I wasting my time and should start looking for one?
    Friday, January 27, 2017 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi CiciOkt,

According to your description, it looks like that you migrated the database to the SQL Server instance on Azure by using the method backing up and restoring. 

Have you checked the integrity of the bak-file? You can try to restore it in another instance. Besides, how do you import it to the instance on Azure?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:21 AM
  • Helo Teige,

On Azure I am using the only obvious method ('Import database' right of 'New pool' and left of 'Reset password', 'Delete' and 'Move'). The Dump should be all right since it can be imported into SQL-Server Express 2005.
    I opened a storage account, and container to which I uploaded the .bak file.

Thanks and best regards

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:39 AM