none
During the installation of VS 2017 on Win 10, Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working

Question

• After downloading the file from the Visual Studio 2017 download link the program will run to the point of extracting files but just after that the program will crash giving the 'Bootstrapper has stopped working'  error message and the would close without doing the installation.
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Please keep the antivirus software off, restart your machine and try install VS2017 again.

If the issue still happen, please refer to this blog which demonstrate how to resolve issue of error "Bootstrapper has stopped working".

Please feel free to let me know if it works.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Hi, I am having the same issue under Windows Vista. Deactivating firewall has no effect. I have Visual Studio 2010 installed, does that have to be deinstalled or something?

Why is stuff not working?

Friday, August 18, 2017 2:52 PM