none
Emf image in rdlc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to show emf format images on the rdlc.  When I drop embedded/external emf image on the rdlc in design view it shows me the image.  However, when I run the report, it shows missing image (red X) instead of the image.  If I choose jpeg or bmp I dont get any issues.  I get the images in emf format only and i cannot convert it to some other format because if I convert I loose the image clarity.  Can someone help me achieve this or show me some work around.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

AAllana

Monday, July 13, 2009 11:18 AM

Answers

• Sorry, EMF is not a supported image format for report rendering.  Only the following formats are supported: bmp, png, x-png, jpg, gif

Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Bruckner   http://blogs.msdn.com/robertbruckner
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by AAllana Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:13 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:53 AM

All replies

• Sorry, EMF is not a supported image format for report rendering.  Only the following formats are supported: bmp, png, x-png, jpg, gif

Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Bruckner   http://blogs.msdn.com/robertbruckner
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by AAllana Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:13 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:53 AM
  • I see this question is old, but I just recently had to present a Enhanced Metafile Format (emf) image in my report. I needed this to be able to zoom in the report without getting blurred images.

I found that the Report Viewer was actually able to render Enhanced Metafile Format. I just had to use a "legal" format extension. I.e. I simply renamed the .emf file to .png. This was however not working for EmfDual nor Emf+ formatted files.

The emf image was displayed correctly in Report Viewer and also in the word report exported from the Report Viewer. In the word report I could zoom in on the image without it becoming blurred.

br

Jetmund

• Edited by jetmunds Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:17 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:11 PM