none
"Find and Replace" Dialog Box position issue RRS feed

• Question

• I use two monitors, and every time I open the Find And Replace Dialog Box in the VBA IDE (Access or Excel), the Dialog Box straddles the two monitors, which is very inconvenient (as I then need to manually drag it to one side or the other with my mouse). Is there any way to "force" it to pop up on only one of the monitors? (I seem to recall it used to behave well. I'm not sure if I inadvertently re-set the way it pops up). Many thanks in advance!

DragonForest

Monday, March 26, 2012 5:33 AM

Answers

• For some reason, the "system" thread you directed me to has disappeared from my "threads," but I wanted to pass along that the solution to the problem is to open the Access/VBA application in the "Primary" monitor (not the secondary monitor). That solved the issue.

DragonForest

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:14 AM
  • No probs, glad to assist!:)

It took me while to find the right place, and believe me, sometimes I am still not entirely sure where some of the thread belongs.

Goodluck!

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

• Marked as answer by DragonForest Friday, March 30, 2012 2:12 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:10 AM

All replies

• I use two monitors, and every time I open the Find And Replace Dialog Box in VBA (Access or Excel), the Dialog Box straddles the two monitors, which is very inconvenient (as I then need to manually drag it to one side or the other with my mouse). Is there any way to "force" it to pop up on only one of the monitors? (I seem to recall it used to behave well. I'm not sure if I inadvertently re-set the way it pops up). Many thanks in advance!
    • Moved by Youen Zen Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:22 AM Not VB issue (From:Visual Basic IDE)
    • Merged by danishaniModerator Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:23 AM duplicate
    Monday, March 26, 2012 2:52 AM
  • that does not sound like a VBA problem. Sounds more like a System setting.

Since this is a VB.NET Forum, you might want to post this question in the VBA Forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba/threads

Monday, March 26, 2012 4:55 AM
  • OK, tks. I'll check with those folks. (For some reason, "VBA" wasn't listed in the drop-down box for directing the inquiry, so I had to default to VB). 

DragonForest

Monday, March 26, 2012 7:06 AM
  • Hi DragonForest,

I don't want to continue "ping-pong" you to another Forum, but unfortunately the VBA Forum (and any other developing forum) isn't the best place to post question about system issues. As you noticed, there isn't any reply.

However, you may have a peek at similar post in here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba/thread/80e4f6a9-b9f1-4e7c-86c9-89c4791ee26e

The good news is that there is a forum called Microsoft Answers, where also system experts are active to assist you with this particular issue.

So I strongly encourage you to re-post your question in here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:30 AM
  • OK, tks. Gotcha. I'm new here, so need to learn the ropes. 

DragonForest

Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:06 AM
  • No probs, glad to assist!:)

It took me while to find the right place, and believe me, sometimes I am still not entirely sure where some of the thread belongs.

Goodluck!

• Marked as answer by DragonForest Friday, March 30, 2012 2:12 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:10 AM
  • For some reason, the "system" thread you directed me to has disappeared from my "threads," but I wanted to pass along that the solution to the problem is to open the Access/VBA application in the "Primary" monitor (not the secondary monitor). That solved the issue.

DragonForest

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:14 AM
  • Thanks for posting back your solution! :)

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:20 AM