none
HyperLink doesn't appear in my tasks view RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I use PS 2007 SP2.

I can add a hyperlink to a project I am working on (via MS Project Professional 2007, adding a hyperlink address column), and I can publish the

project to the server with no problems.  

When I view my tasks with Project Web Access, the hyperlink is nowhere to be found.

I tried to modify the my assignments view, which exists in the my tasks tab:

pwa -> server settings -> manage views -> my work -> my assignments

But i couldn't find the Hyperlink address in the available fields which i can include it to the view.

Is there any way to show up the hyperlink near each task in the PWA/my Tasks?

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Scott,

I couldn't find a way to achieve this.  You can just add a text task level custom field that you could add to the My Assignment view, but even if you type in a valid hyperlink it will not be clickable in the My Tasks view.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, October 11, 2010 8:26 PM
    Owner
  • You can create a custom field of Entity "Task" and Type "Text" and use a formula that has your new custom field = [Hyperlink]

then you can display it in the My Task view.

What I can't figure our is how to make it clickable. Any help solving this one would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, November 12, 2010 3:11 PM
  • indeed, = [Hyperlinkaddress] should work but it does not. in my case i do not see any text. also hyperlink href field that you can see in project professional is not in the list. this could be also a sharepoint bug. i saw on some post that a formula with a number format could push sharepoint to display the link properly.

Monday, October 21, 2013 4:35 PM