Changing the Text on a button RRS feed

• Question

• User-18738458 posted

Hello, 

I have the following code with changes the text and icon on a button

var iSelector = $(this).find('span:first');

if (iSelector.hasClass('glyphicon glyphicon-bed')) {
                iSelector.removeClass('glyphicon glyphicon-bed')
                iSelector.addClass('glyphicon glyphicon-cloud-upload')                                  // Change BED icon to CLOUD UPLOAD icon
                this.innerHTML = this.innerHTML.replace('Send', 'Sending');                             // Change the Button Text when clicked
            }

Further done the code, inside a function call, I am now trying to change it again.

I initially had issues changing the glyphicon, but I have solved that. What I cannot do it change the text in the same what I had done previously 

function dealclick(data1) {

var iSelector2 = $('.Button1').find('span:first');

if (iSelector2.hasClass('glyphicon glyphicon-cloud-upload')) {
                    iSelector2.removeClass('glyphicon glyphicon-cloud-upload')
                    iSelector2.addClass('glyphicon glyphicon-thumbs-down')                                // Change BED icon to CLOUD UPLOAD icon
                    iSelector2.innerHTML = iSelector2.innerHTML.replace('Send', 'Sending');                            // Change the Button Text when clicked

//$('.welBedButton').append("DONE");

//alert(iSelector2);
                }

I get the message

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'replace' of undefined or null reference

if I uncomment out $('.welBedButton').append("DONE"), then it appends the word DONE at the end of the button, but what I want to do is change "sending" to "sent".

Can someone tell me what I need to do?

thank you

Friday, July 6, 2018 4:44 PM

Answers

• User-18738458 posted

Hi 

what I found that worked was

$("#grid32").replaceWith('<div class="k-widget k-grid" id="grid32"><div class="k-header k-grid-toolbar k-grid-top"><a class="k-button k-button-icontext k-grid-save-changes ButtonName" href="javascript:void(0)"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-thumbs-down" style="color: red; "></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;Sent failed</a></div></div>');

Thank you both for your suggestions , which lead to a solution :-)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 8, 2018 3:46 PM

All replies

• User-1171043462 posted

iSelector2.innerHTML = iSelector2.innerHTML.replace('Send', 'Sending');

iSelector2 is a jQuery object and hence you have to use either of following 2 ways

First using innerHTML by converting to JavaScript object.

iSelector2[0].innerHTML = iSelector2[0].innerHTML.replace('Send', 'Sending'); 

second way as a jQuery object

iSelector2.html(iSelector2.html().replace('Send', 'Sending')); 

Saturday, July 7, 2018 11:19 AM
  • User-18738458 posted

HI mudassarkhan

I Try both your suggestions, and neither of them changes/replaces the text.

If I use the jquery option ,and I output iSelector[0].innerHTML to the console, i get back

function (a){return Y(this,function(a){var b=this[0]||{},c=0,d=this.length;if(void 0===a)return 1===b.nodeType?b.innerHTML.replace(ta,""):void 0;if("string"==typeof a&&!wa.test(a)&&(l.htmlSerialize||!ua.test(a))&&(l.leadingWhitespace||!aa.test(a))&&!da[($.exec(a)||["",""])[1].toLowerCase()]){a=n.htmlPrefilter(a);try{for(;d>c;c++)b=this[c]||{},1===b.nodeType&&(n.cleanData(ea(b,!1)),b.innerHTML=a);b=0}catch(e){}}b&&this.empty().append(a)},null,a,arguments.length)}

I if output the content of iSelector2[0].innerHTML to the console, I get blank.

is there anything else I can try

Sunday, July 8, 2018 8:56 AM
  • User-369506445 posted

hi

please try below code :

var span = $('span:first', $('.Button1'));

if (span.hasClass("glyphicon glyphicon-cloud-upload")) {
                    span.removeClass('glyphicon glyphicon-cloud-upload');
                    span.addClass('glyphicon glyphicon-thumbs-down');
                    span.text(span.text().replace('Send', 'Sending')) ;

}

Sunday, July 8, 2018 10:49 AM
  • User-18738458 posted

Hi vahid bakkhi ,

I tried your suggestion, but <g class="gr_ gr_254 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="254" data-gr-id="254">it  just</g> changed the icon (like the code currently does) not the button Text :-(

Sunday, July 8, 2018 3:32 PM
  • User-18738458 posted

Hi 

what I found that worked was

$("#grid32").replaceWith('<div class="k-widget k-grid" id="grid32"><div class="k-header k-grid-toolbar k-grid-top"><a class="k-button k-button-icontext k-grid-save-changes ButtonName" href="javascript:void(0)"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-thumbs-down" style="color: red; "></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;Sent failed</a></div></div>');

Thank you both for your suggestions , which lead to a solution :-)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 8, 2018 3:46 PM