Unlock an Access VBA Project that is Passworded RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, Stupidly I have managed to lock myself out of my Access Database VBA Project. I set a Password but for some reason the password I thought it was doesnt seam to work and Have tried many others but none seam to work. I have had a look online but all answers seam to pay for some software to unlock the project.

Is there a way that it can be unlocked without having to pay for software to do it?

Thanks.

PS: It is an Access 2003 file .mdb

Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hi, Thanks for all your replys, I managed to find a couple of free ones but they were limited to characters or they were trials, and didnt work correctly so in the end I have just recreated the Database instead, and havent password protected it this time.

Thanks again

Tom

• Marked as answer by t0m46 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:14 AM

All replies

• Sorry, no. Wouldn't be much of a security feature if it could be (not that it really is)... :)
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!)
    Co-author Access Solutions — Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs (ISBN 978-0-470-59168-0)
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:59 PM
  • If you're going to have to pay for a solution, I would recommend asking Wayne Phillips at www.everythingaccess.com

You might want to consider doing developement work with no paswords, and implementing the passwords only when you distribute... then you'll have a host of backups in case this happens again.

Cheers,

Jack D. Leach (Access MVP)
    UtterAccess Wiki: (Articles, Functions, Classes, VB7 API Declarations and more)
    Friday, February 3, 2012 1:24 AM
  • There are lots of free VBA password cracking tools available on the web...or so I've heard.  ;)
    Friday, February 3, 2012 11:03 PM
  • Hi, Thanks for all your replys, I managed to find a couple of free ones but they were limited to characters or they were trials, and didnt work correctly so in the end I have just recreated the Database instead, and havent password protected it this time.

Thanks again

Tom

• Marked as answer by t0m46 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:14 AM