none
shadow copy user/security/services/dcom rights assigment without be administrator RRS feed

• Question

• windows 2003 - vbscript

i started by the end because of the publicized difficulty of trying to run remotely a wmi vbscript (create shadow copy) with a regular server target user to alter shadow properties.

i used the objSWbemLocator; changed security to increment the user on root\cimv2, service computer components and followed clsid to find dcom object to also autorize. now when i try to run script as regular user it gives access error but no more events on remote application event folder

i now know that i encountered the old administrator member issue.  tried to tweak to user right assignment, services, permission on registry...  (emulating administrator account on a restricted basis) without success and the more close that i got was in despair on putting as member of backup operators - run script without error but doesn't do anything. being a old server to maintain i truly need to get a solution even if unsupported to get this feature with security for the server.

on a simpler manner: i need to be able to locally  make a shadow copy by using a regular user account.

not being the purpose of deviating the use or functioning of the program, i hope that this can be attended

regards,

Saturday, August 4, 2012 9:29 PM