How to zip all files and folders in an azure blob storage folder and upload to other blob storage in node js RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have requirement where I have a storage account container A -> folder1 - > folder2 -> Inside folder2 I have multiple files and folder. The requirement is to zip folder2 and upload to another storage account B.

Currently I am using azure time trigger function and after 24 hour or so I have to perform this task. I could not find a better solution with good performance.

Can you please give me better option to do this activity.

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:35 AM

All replies

• Your question that was also posted in Stack Overflow has already been answered and I concur with the suggestions provided by both Gaurav Mantri and Chris Gillum. Your requirement must go through the steps of listing the blobs, downloading them, zipping them up and using the time trigger function for running it every hour or so. I’m afraid there isn’t an easier way of doing this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:36 AM
  • This downloading all files and folder should be kept in local storage area of azure time trigger function or there is any better way to do it ? Actually i am looking for an easier way to do it.
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:38 PM
  • Yes, you should first list all the blobs, download and zip them up and then upload it to storage account. As stated in my previous post, there isn’t another easier way to accomplish this due to the nature of this task.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:43 AM