Web Role instance unable to start. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, folks,

i have a problem with deploying my web role. It always cycling : initialize, busy, initialize, busy ...

I read many articles/posts about troubleshouting, such as 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jnak/archive/2010/06/07/using-intellitrace-to-debug-windows-azure-cloud-services.aspx and 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazure/thread/6c739db9-4f6a-4203-bbec-eba70733ec16, but nothing worked for me.

Then i tried deploy web role with Intellitrace feature. I saw some exception, but when i try debug this logs, i get "No Sorce available".

Thera are exceptions :

Thrown: "Thread was being aborted" (System.Threading.ThreadAbortException)

Thrown: "Thread was being aborted" (System.Threading.ThreadAbortException)

Thrown: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"(System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException)

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.StorageClientException : The specified blob does not exists.

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StoraeClient.StorageClientExceptipn: The specified container already exists

Does anybody know how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 12:50 AM

Answers

• Try running intellitrace, but deploy a debug build so the symbols are also deployed, then you will be able to see the source in intellitrace. 

it looks as if somewhere in your code, a blob container is trying to be created and it alreay exists.  Check your code and see where you might be creating a container.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 4:34 AM

All replies

• Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.StorageClientException : The specified blob does not exists.

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StoraeClient.StorageClientExceptipn: The specified container already exists

Have you tried running the service in the development fabric while using cloud storage?

Saturday, October 2, 2010 1:00 AM
    Answerer
  • HI, yes, i tried running service in the development fabric using cloud storage and it 's OK, I was able to write Trace using DiagnosticString that pointed to Azure storage accout it successfull. Any suggestions ?
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:19 AM
  • Try running intellitrace, but deploy a debug build so the symbols are also deployed, then you will be able to see the source in intellitrace. 

it looks as if somewhere in your code, a blob container is trying to be created and it alreay exists.  Check your code and see where you might be creating a container.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 4:34 AM