none
Schedule fields query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Can someone tell me where the values for the custom fields in the Microsoft Project Professional 2010 schedule are stored in database? Which table in Project Server 2010 stores the values for fields in the schedule?

I want to read these values and use them in some custom application.

I just discovered that the table that contains the names of all the custom fields used in the schedule is MSP_WEB_VIEW_FIELDS table in Draft and Reporting databases. But the question is which table actually stores the values for these fields?

Thanks.

Regards

Kwazi

Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Kwazi,

The following user views include custom field data that the RDB extracts from the column pool tables

• MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView
    • MSP_EpmProject_UserView
    • MSP_EpmResource_UserView
    • MSP_EpmTask_UserView
    • MSP_TimesheetLine_UserViewCF

This article should answer your question about finding custom fields in the reporting DB.

Note that multi-value custom fields are managed differently: you will have a specific view for each Multiple Choice Custom Field named MSPCFPRJ_<CustomFieldName>_AssociationView.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Kwazi,

The following user views include custom field data that the RDB extracts from the column pool tables

• MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView
    • MSP_EpmProject_UserView
    • MSP_EpmResource_UserView
    • MSP_EpmTask_UserView
    • MSP_TimesheetLine_UserViewCF

This article should answer your question about finding custom fields in the reporting DB.

Note that multi-value custom fields are managed differently: you will have a specific view for each Multiple Choice Custom Field named MSPCFPRJ_<CustomFieldName>_AssociationView.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:33 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume. It does help.
    Friday, July 11, 2014 9:55 AM