Public folder migration to SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are planning to migrate our public folders from Exchange to a Office SharePoint Server 2007 in the long range. Can you tell me, what good tools there are?

I've already tried Quest Public Folder Migrator, which seems to be quite cool, because it can put all stuff into a document library as well as creating sites out of a specified level of folders and migrate permissions and so on.

I'm on the way trying the AvePoint solution today. Can anybody tell me about this product or tell me some other utilities for the migration?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 8:38 AM

Answers

• I'd strongly recommend the Quest tool which I've used very successfully on a number of migrations. DocAve game us some problems when we evaluated it.

hth

Spence

www.harbar.net

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 11:37 AM

All replies

• I'd strongly recommend the Quest tool which I've used very successfully on a number of migrations. DocAve game us some problems when we evaluated it.

hth

Spence

www.harbar.net

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 11:37 AM
  • Thanks, that meets my opinion after a half day test. I tried backup, restore und public folder migration. Backup worked, Restore seemed to work (according to the interface), but the previously deleted documents have not come back and the public folder could never be migrated, because the interface didn't show any folder structure (kept loading and loading from the OWA server, but never presented a result).
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:19 PM