Issue with BizTalk calling ssis package using wcf service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am having BizTalk  2010 interface which i calling a wcf service to execute ssis package . recently we had an issue during one of the run the response from wcf service came after 3 hours , normally the response comes with in 10 to 15 mins after the package execution is completed. Every time ssis package execute it create a log file. During the run which had delayed response the log was created in last few mins of the 3 hours which shows that the package execution was not initiated till that time. How to trouble shoot what caused the delay and what kind of traces can be collected to know the root cause if the issue happens again. BizTalk is server 1 , WCF service is on server 2 where Intergaration services are installed and package in on server 2 where SQL is installed. Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime is used in WCF service to invoke ssis package. 

Regards,

Uday.

uday rega

Friday, November 17, 2017 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Uday,

Your issue is much more related to WCF and SSIS combination not with BizTalk .

You might need to fine tune your design to work with Async pattern with correlation were BizTalk Orchestration will wait for a correlated message  to continue with the process.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Friday, November 17, 2017 3:17 AM