what is the most reliable typescript framework for a small team? [on hold] RRS feed

• Question

• User-234441352 posted

We developed a website almost an year ago in angular 6 then we tried to upgrade it in angular 7. Application stopped working due to dependent packages and new changes.

My half work was completed and half was pending. The other issue is with angular quick releases click here to see. As soon as we complete some feature of application,a new release brings a lot of new changes. Can anyone suggest us the most reliable typescript framework for asp.net mvc?

Monday, July 22, 2019 6:57 PM

Answers

• User1289604957 posted

Hi,

I suggest React library which is not a framework but it competes with Angular. The best thing about it is that React is very very stable.

https://habr.com/en/post/440010/

Best regards,

Maher

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 7:39 PM
  • User-821857111 posted

Not Typescript, but you should consider Blazor. 

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/apps/aspnet/web-apps/client

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:48 PM
  • User-1764593085 posted

Hi mehmoodahmed,

The front-end framework updates quickly nowadays which cannot be avoided .Angular is probably the most known and is completely TS based.

Vue.js can also use TypeScript : https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/typescript.html

Best Regards,

Xing

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:29 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

I use react, but it can be difficult with typescript (but react-create-app does support typescript). there are few typescript examples, and the trend for react is to not use classes, but pure functions instead. the new hooks and reducers also are pure function based. so while the react/typescript is better, what is the point of typescript without classes or interfaces. 

as suggested you might want to look at vue.js which is a declarative template engine like angular and has typescript support.

note: the javascript world moves fast, and frameworks move fast and follow trends. All are working on good progressive app support, but who knows what is next.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:07 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

vue.js is a template / component similar to angular, though the current version of vue support reacts .jsx format for templates. while react is component based. typescript also has .jsx syntax support, so you can skip babel when coding react with typescript. 

its not that typescript does not work well with react, its just that its adds very little other than the typings. with a lot of the javascript developers going functional, flow (or pure javascript) is preferred over typescript, while typescript works best for OOP programmers moving to javascript.  

asp.net core is a server technology, it has little impact on the client technology chosen. asp.net core does have support for react-create-app hot loading and node toolchain via the spa services. build a MVC/Webapi react application:

dotnet new react

blazer is a different technology (how popular it will become, and if will last is anybody's guess.).

blazer is really client/server system. the client is written in javascript/typescript and implements a virtual dom like react/vue. it collects events and calls the blazer engine with the events, which is a template rendering engine written in razor. the blazer engine process the event and returns a new dom to the javascript engine. the javascript engine then update the real dom with the changes

the blazer engine is hosted client side or server side. if server side the javascript client uses web sockets to call the blazer engine. if client side, either a web assembly or javascript hosts the blazer code via a .net  VM written in javascript. 

the actual code for blazer is written in C# and razor. but razor is used to build dom components rather than being an html render, so you don't use any MVC razor view helpers. 

currently you can not write mobile/desktop apps with the blazer, but you can share non-ui libraries.

if you want a common technology to write web/mobile and desktop apps, I'd look at react, react-native and electron. microsoft is using electron, react and react-native to write Skype. Microsoft also uses election to write visual studio code and azure data studio.

note: electron is used to write desktop apps for windows, linux and os/x in javascript/typescript. see:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/building-an-electron-application-with-create-react-app-97945861647c/

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:07 PM

All replies

• User1289604957 posted

Hi,

I suggest React library which is not a framework but it competes with Angular. The best thing about it is that React is very very stable.

https://habr.com/en/post/440010/

Best regards,

Maher

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:39 PM
  • User-821857111 posted

Not Typescript, but you should consider Blazor. 

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/apps/aspnet/web-apps/client

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:48 PM
  • User-1764593085 posted

Hi mehmoodahmed,

The front-end framework updates quickly nowadays which cannot be avoided .Angular is probably the most known and is completely TS based.

Vue.js can also use TypeScript : https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/typescript.html

Best Regards,

Xing

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:29 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

I use react, but it can be difficult with typescript (but react-create-app does support typescript). there are few typescript examples, and the trend for react is to not use classes, but pure functions instead. the new hooks and reducers also are pure function based. so while the react/typescript is better, what is the point of typescript without classes or interfaces. 

as suggested you might want to look at vue.js which is a declarative template engine like angular and has typescript support.

note: the javascript world moves fast, and frameworks move fast and follow trends. All are working on good progressive app support, but who knows what is next.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:07 PM
  • User-234441352 posted

Hi ,

@Mikesdotnett, @maherjendoub.,@Xing Zou and @bruce (sqlwo) .

I am really happy and grateful to all of you guys.

There are very splendor details provided by all of you.

If i want to use pure typescript framework then i have the option of angular , react and vue ?

For more reliable and enterprise app development with a small team , can i consider react and vue over angular ? 

React is not fully based of typescript and that's why vue should be considered.

Am i right ?

One thing which I want to ask here. Can i create my own typescript code with asp.net mvc (core app). If yes then what do you recommend it is a better approach or not ?

Now if i talk about blazor then its again an excellent thing to start as per the blazor documentation and i can work fast in it. 

Can we have a final release for blazor or it is in preview mode ?

I have one more question , what is the future of blazor ? 

How can i achieve more performance from blazor.

If i develop an application using it then can i port my application into mobile apps like Microsoft store app, Android app and Iphone apps?

What are the issues of blazor ?  

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:37 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

vue.js is a template / component similar to angular, though the current version of vue support reacts .jsx format for templates. while react is component based. typescript also has .jsx syntax support, so you can skip babel when coding react with typescript. 

its not that typescript does not work well with react, its just that its adds very little other than the typings. with a lot of the javascript developers going functional, flow (or pure javascript) is preferred over typescript, while typescript works best for OOP programmers moving to javascript.  

asp.net core is a server technology, it has little impact on the client technology chosen. asp.net core does have support for react-create-app hot loading and node toolchain via the spa services. build a MVC/Webapi react application:

dotnet new react

blazer is a different technology (how popular it will become, and if will last is anybody's guess.).

blazer is really client/server system. the client is written in javascript/typescript and implements a virtual dom like react/vue. it collects events and calls the blazer engine with the events, which is a template rendering engine written in razor. the blazer engine process the event and returns a new dom to the javascript engine. the javascript engine then update the real dom with the changes

the blazer engine is hosted client side or server side. if server side the javascript client uses web sockets to call the blazer engine. if client side, either a web assembly or javascript hosts the blazer code via a .net  VM written in javascript. 

the actual code for blazer is written in C# and razor. but razor is used to build dom components rather than being an html render, so you don't use any MVC razor view helpers. 

currently you can not write mobile/desktop apps with the blazer, but you can share non-ui libraries.

if you want a common technology to write web/mobile and desktop apps, I'd look at react, react-native and electron. microsoft is using electron, react and react-native to write Skype. Microsoft also uses election to write visual studio code and azure data studio.

note: electron is used to write desktop apps for windows, linux and os/x in javascript/typescript. see:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/building-an-electron-application-with-create-react-app-97945861647c/

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:07 PM
  • User-234441352 posted

Thank you bruce.  

It gave me the sufficient information.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:22 PM