none
Can't load net frame 1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have net framework 1.1.4322-36.11 mb. Auto updates pops up every 5 min. saying I need to install net framework 1.1-10.2 mb. but it won't install it. I tried from the web site & auto updates may times. Can I uninstall 1.1.4322 then install it back when auto updates ask me to or should I leave it. If I leave it how do I stop auto updates asking me to install it every 5 min.
    • Edited by gkvogel Friday, September 16, 2011 10:47 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 4:55 PM

Answers

• It is for hte security update for .NET Framework 1.1 SP 1

I ran teh verification tool for 1.1 and it failed. Thanks for the info on the verification tool.

I have windows XP w/ SP3.

Ther is no KB number w/ the auto update.

Can I delete the .net framework 1.1 from add/remove, then reinstalling it from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=26 unless you think this is not a good idea or you know of a better place to download it from.

I uninstalled Sp 1.1 reinstalled & it worked installed the updated & that worked.  

Thanks for your help.             Gord

Also I just checked .net framework 3.0 for SP 2 and .net framework 3.5 for SP 1 and they both failed aswhile. I tried to uninstall them & reinstall but they still failed, will have to read some more in the site you sent me for verification. After an hour I finally got them both to load proper, everything good now. Thanks again

.net framework 1.0 and .net framework 2.0 for SP 2 passed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Gord

• Edited by gkvogel Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by gkvogel Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:26 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:35 AM

All replies

• Are you SURE it's .NET Framework 1.1 itself and not a Service Pack or security update for .NET Framework 1.1?

Please use this verification tool to validate your installed .NET Frameworks and report the results here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Also, please tell us your Windows version and SP level.

Is there a KB number associated with the auto update? If so, what is it?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:03 PM
  • It is for hte security update for .NET Framework 1.1 SP 1

I ran teh verification tool for 1.1 and it failed. Thanks for the info on the verification tool.

I have windows XP w/ SP3.

Ther is no KB number w/ the auto update.

Can I delete the .net framework 1.1 from add/remove, then reinstalling it from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=26 unless you think this is not a good idea or you know of a better place to download it from.

I uninstalled Sp 1.1 reinstalled & it worked installed the updated & that worked.  

Thanks for your help.             Gord

Also I just checked .net framework 3.0 for SP 2 and .net framework 3.5 for SP 1 and they both failed aswhile. I tried to uninstall them & reinstall but they still failed, will have to read some more in the site you sent me for verification. After an hour I finally got them both to load proper, everything good now. Thanks again

.net framework 1.0 and .net framework 2.0 for SP 2 passed.

• Edited by gkvogel Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by gkvogel Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:26 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:35 AM
  • As your 1.1 failed verification, I'd suggest the following:

First, attempt to remove it using Add/Remove...

Regardless of results, use this tool:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx

Be careful to remove ONLY .NET Framework 1.1 entries, if found.

Once you have removed it, download a fresh copy of 1.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26

Clear out your %temp% directory (that's the Temp folder under the admin user account you will use to install .NET Framework 1.1). Disable any AV/anti-malware/firewall software on your system.

Run the installer from an account with full administrative priveleges.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 1:34 PM
  • For 1.1 I deleted it went into C;/windows to look for folder's found 1 deleted it. Saved the downloaded file to desk top. Downloaded from their, checked with the verification file you told me about. It worked great. Then downloaded the security update, it worked.

Checked the rest of the .net framework 1.0-2.0 SP2-3.0 SP2- & 3.5 SP1. The 3.0 SP2 & 3.5 SP1 also failed. So I compleletly uninstalled 3.0 SP2 & 3.5 SP1 also went into c:/windows deleted the folders for each one. Downloaded & saved the download files to desk top.

Installed 3.0 SP2 pop-up said download successful, checked with verification & it failed. So I tried & redownloaded it without deleteing anything. Download said it was successful again, checked with verification and it passed.

Installed 3.5 SP1 saved to desk top, downloaded it the download failed, & it stopped the download. So I tried the same thing & just redownloaded it, & it downloaded successfully. Checked with verification & it passed.

The verification tool & info I got form Aaron Stebner's Weblog's net framework set-up helped alot.

Everything works great now.

Thanks alot for your help. Easy to understand your instructions & short & to the point. You get a 125% from me.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:04 PM