none
I am not able to view Console.writeline functionality in my visual studio express . please help me out with this . what has to be done to enable the same. RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to view Console.writeline functionality in my visual studio express . please help me out with this . what has to be done to enable the same.
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• I am using windows 8 and visual studio 2012.
    • Console.writeline functionality is not present in my editor shows type of namespace icon could not be found.
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hello,

Do you mean that if you write “Cons…” in the text editor, it does not list the class type as below?

If it is, please do steps as below:

Left Click Tools on tool bar -> Left Click Options -> Expose Test Editor -> Select All Languages,

Check whether the Auto list members checkbox has been checked, if not, please check it and click ok.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 3, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Actually when I am trying to use console.writeline in editor it shows name console does not exist in current context.

Is there any other command I could use instead of console.writeline to print text .

Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:51 PM
  • Ensure that "All debug output" is "On" in "Debugging.OutputWindow".  The Console.WriteLine output should appear in the Output Window.
    Saturday, January 4, 2014 6:17 PM