none
Unzipping a folder from a .zip file RRS feed

• Question

• I've searched everywhere, there everywhere codes for unzipping files but not folders(directories).

Like I am using shell32 commands to unzip the whole zip file, but I want to extract a specific folder from a .zip file.

Thank you for your time, your help is really appreciated!

Thursday, July 12, 2018 5:56 AM

Answers

• Create a new .Net Standard class library project and then you can use ZipArchive to manipulate individual files/folders.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Marked as answer by TheodosisXx Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:21 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi

Do you want to extract a specific folder from a .zip file with vb.net?

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:39 AM
  • Yes thats exactly what I want.

(Well of course I can extract all the files from the .zip and then delete the files\folders that I do not need but this wastes time cause it extracts files\folders from the .zip without reason)

Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:31 AM
  • Create a new .Net Standard class library project and then you can use ZipArchive to manipulate individual files/folders.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Marked as answer by TheodosisXx Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:21 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:42 PM