none
Debugging Windows Embedded Compact 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Windows Emedded Compact 7 (CTP). I chose Virtual PC as BSP. At the moment I can connect Visual Studio 2008 and the VIrtual PC and I can run Silverlight Embedded Subprojects on my Virtual PC.

Unfortunately I can't debug that well. I can't even set any breakpoints in my subproject. I tried to connect the Virtual PC to Microsoft Sync but that didn't work out. Is there any possibility to enable debugging.

Thanks in advance

Best,

Marcel

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 8:29 AM

All replies

• So you have Platform Builder connected for debugging, right?  Then you'll have to have a DEBUG build of the project included in the OS image or at least loaded from the flat release folder in order to set breakpoints.  This is the same sort of thing as when debugging an ordinary program with Visual Studio.  If you build the application with no debug information, you can't debug it.

If your program is built, NOT in Platform Builder but as a stand-alone application with Visual Studio targeting your device's SDK, then making the ActiveSync/WMDC connection or a network debug connection with CoreCon is necessary.

Paul T.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:50 PM