Create news article maximum words? RRS feed

• Question

• User520065796 posted

I recently finished my Club Starter Kit (with the original one) and have one problem left. When i'm adding a new article with a lot of text it doesn't work. With 4 lines or so everything works fine, but when i try to add like 20 lines it just doesn't do anything.

Anyone?

Rob.

Ps. You can check my site at www.cloeckenmoedigh.nl

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:20 PM

All replies

• User-2074625069 posted

What is the maximum size for an article in the database? what is the column field type and size?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:04 PM
  • User520065796 posted

For starters, i'm a complete noob when it comes to ASP, but the Club Starter Kit was so easy, that even I could do it. I used Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express to make it. When I browse to the database (club.mdf) and then open tables - events - description I see Length=800, but i'm unable to change it. Is this the value i should change and if so, how do i do this?

Rob.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:02 AM
  • User2069888697 posted

you can use "sql server management studio express" to modify the table. if you do not have it download it at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/express/bb410791.aspx

Once you get to the table you can change the Data Type and Max Length.

I changed it to varchar with a max of 8000

Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:57 PM
  • User520065796 posted

I tried this, but i guess i don't inderstand. Can i simply open the club.mdf file in SQL Server Management Studio Express?

When i open this program and open the club.mdf file, it says:

There is no editor available for c:\.....\club.mdf. Make sure the application for the file type (.mdf) is installed.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 4:30 AM
  • User-2074625069 posted

You should be able to open your SQL Express database from within your Visual Studio.Expand the App_Data folder in your solution explorer window (on the right the one that lists all the files in your website), then right click on your database and click open. This should display something similar to the below screen shot:

Then you can find your table and click Open Table Definition. You should then be able to change the size of your column. Can you confirm that you have SQL Express installed.If not you can get it from here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/express/bb410792.aspx

Saturday, September 29, 2007 4:51 AM