none
CSF 3.0 Lite installation error # 1609 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install CSF3.0 developer version on my XP box which is SP2. I have installed all the pre-requisite components. I am getting the following error message during the installation.

"Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings. aspnet is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel".

I have downloaded CSF lite from MSDN website.

Did someone else also face the same problem while installing CSF lite on XP SP2?

Please help.

Thanks,

Srid

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 11:40 AM

Answers

• Do you have the local user ASPNET on your box? If not, I would reinstall ASP.net, if not installed?

HTH

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:52 PM

All replies

• Do you have the local user ASPNET on your box? If not, I would reinstall ASP.net, if not installed?

HTH

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:52 PM
  • Thanks a lot for the useful information. I have re-installed .NET framework and it worked. I was able to install CSF successfully. Thanks a lot buddy.

-Sridhar

Monday, January 29, 2007 11:45 AM
  • I am also try to install CSF 3.0 but I  have following problem

Error 1609.An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install. Unable to locate the user's SID, system error 1332; (NULL); (NULL); (NULL).

I work only with local-users!

What is problem?

Thanks

Chris

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:32 PM