none
how to connect a send shape with more than one send port RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Can we connect a send shape with two send ports which have same message type. I have to back up every message i send to the vendor.

Thanks in advance
    Elango
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:06 PM

Answers

• Elango,

This is how a sendportgroup works, all messages go to every sendport.
    The sendportgroup creates an OR subscription of the individual filters of the sendports.

If I look at the above filters, you can also delete the third port from the group as it is never suppose to send the messages the other port are sending.

Regards,

René
    • Marked as answer by Elango YK Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:21 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:05 AM
  • Elango,

I think a better way would be to just have one sendshape and connect this to one logical sendport in the orchestration. After deployment you create a sendportgroup with two sendport: one sendport to your vendor and the other one for your backup requirement.

Regards,

René
    • Proposed as answer by Alok Mishra Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elango YK Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:53 AM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,
        I think you by Send shape you mean (same kind of messages). Or if you mean any thing else please specify.

And for the same kind of message yes you can. If you give filters in two send ports such that they subscibe to one message then message will be copied and will go to both send ports.

Thanks
    Gyan
    If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:10 PM
  • Hi Nikhil,
    I tried to connect the send shape to two send ports in orchestration but when tried to connect second one, the connection to first one got disconnected. I specified the same message type in both send ports. Is there anything additionally have to be done.

Thanks in advance,
    Elango
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:24 PM
  • Hi Gyan Prakash,
     Can you give me any link for a complete information about using filters in send ports. because I tried them but its not working.

Its like I promoted a property in the destination schema. And I gave a filter expression like
    ' Sample.RouteTo == "11" ' in a send port. But all messages copied to that send port irrespective of satisfying the condition. Can you help me...
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:52 PM
  • You have to add one more send shape in orchestration and assing the send port. If you want to send one message and want it to be subscribed by two physical send ports the use filter expression. BTS.MessageType you can use as filter expression with the message type you are trying to publish. So that all the messages gets copied.
    I suggest the second solution with filter condition in the send port. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards
    Nikhil
    • Edited by Nikhil J Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:28 AM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Elango,

I think a better way would be to just have one sendshape and connect this to one logical sendport in the orchestration. After deployment you create a sendportgroup with two sendport: one sendport to your vendor and the other one for your backup requirement.

Regards,

René
    • Proposed as answer by Alok Mishra Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elango YK Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:53 AM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Hi Rene,

Thanks for your reply.I tried your method and its working.

But I have another doubt, what if I have 3 send ports in a group and I want to copy the message into two of them only. The message should not be copied to the third send port.
     I think we can use filter for this. And I applied filter like following,

In 1st port: BTS.MessageType==Sample.Schema

In 2nd port: BTS.MessageType==Sample.Schema

In 3rd port: BTS.MessageType!=Sample.Schema

Messages are copied to both 1st and 2nd port successfully,but in 3rd port replication of messages created indefinitely.

It'll be a nice help if you replied me.

Thanks in advance
    Elango

Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:54 AM
  • Hi Nikhil,

I tried the filter method,but its not working.

Consider the following example.
     what if I have 3 send ports in a group and I want to copy the message into two of them only. The message should not be copied to the third send port.
     I think we can use filter for this. And I applied filter like following,

In 1st port: BTS.MessageType==Sample.Schema

In 2nd port: BTS.MessageType==Sample.Schema

In 3rd port: BTS.MessageType!=Sample.Schema

Messages are copied to both 1st and 2nd port successfully,but in 3rd port replication of messages created indefinitely.

It'll be a nice help if you replied me.

Thanks in advance
    Elango

Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:56 AM
  • Elango,

This is how a sendportgroup works, all messages go to every sendport.
    The sendportgroup creates an OR subscription of the individual filters of the sendports.

If I look at the above filters, you can also delete the third port from the group as it is never suppose to send the messages the other port are sending.

Regards,

René
    • Marked as answer by Elango YK Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:21 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:05 AM
  • Hi Rene,

Thanks for your idea its works successfully. I  need your help another forum regarding multiple access to BizTalk( How to access BizTalk Server from more than one machine ). i already replied to your post in that. Now im waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance,

Elango
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:42 AM