Extend the lifetime of an Windows Store App when switched over to different app RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed C# Windows store app and it works just fine, the problem now I'm facing is, when I switch over to a different app, within 5 to 7 seconds the app goes to suspended mode and then terminates, is there any settings we need to do for increasing the time limit of the windows store app to be alive for atleast 5 mins.

Please let me know how to fix this issue or please give directions.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:09 PM

Answers

• No, there is no way to avoid this. Depending on the specific scenario you may be able to move your processing to a background task. What are you trying to do?
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:16 PM
  • you need to make sure the app resumes where the user left. then it wont notice it application got termited by the OS. you can use background tasks to keep doing work in the background and for big file downloads use backgroundtranfers

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:13 PM

All replies

• No, there is no way to avoid this. Depending on the specific scenario you may be able to move your processing to a background task. What are you trying to do?
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:16 PM
  • Apparently, I tried taking my cursor to the top left corner and choose desktop and then went to Outlook email client and composed few emails and then edited few word documents on the desktop and then trying to switch back to the app, but unfortunately the app went to suspended mode and terminated.

On the other hand, I just wanted to brief about the C# Windows store app, it will connect to SharePoint Online Site and retrieve the Library documents and the app is used to annotate the documents retrieved from SharePoint Online Site and store the documents locally.

G.K. Shri Raghavendra

Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:46 PM
  • you need to make sure the app resumes where the user left. then it wont notice it application got termited by the OS. you can use background tasks to keep doing work in the background and for big file downloads use backgroundtranfers

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:13 PM