Unknown Publisher RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

i have signed my software but internet explorer still shows unknown publisher n do not install the addon. when i click there it open my certificate. when i install certificate. after refreshing it show the right name of certificate publisher. whats wrong with this, if user will visit my page addon will show unknown publisher. i want them to see publisher name instead of unknow publisher. how to solve please please help

Friday, April 18, 2008 6:48 PM

Answers

• You might do well to compare some of the other Certificate Authorities listed here. I don't have a specific recommendation, but have heard some well spoken of in recent podcasts (You might search for Security Now and Certificate Authorities).

Hope this helps,
    IQDave.
    Monday, April 28, 2008 10:14 PM

All replies

• How is your binary signed? I believe it needs to be signed by a trusted partner/authority in order for IE to be fully happy with it. VeriSign is one such commonly used authority.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:18 PM
  • You might do well to compare some of the other Certificate Authorities listed here. I don't have a specific recommendation, but have heard some well spoken of in recent podcasts (You might search for Security Now and Certificate Authorities).

Hope this helps,
    IQDave.
    Monday, April 28, 2008 10:14 PM