Unity Game Submission Fail RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to get my app package through certification. However it keeps failing due to supported APIs. When I test my app package from Visual Studio everything passes with no problem. I am using the following:

• Visual Studio 2017
            • Unity 2017.3.1f1
            • I am Building in Master and x86
            • I am creating a app package for x86 and x64 (x64 for the Xbox)
            • My app package tester version is 10.0.16299.91
            • Windows SDK : 10.0.16299.0
            • Xbox Live Unity Package Release 1711

Below is the follow exception I am getting from the store for x86 and x64

Supported APIs

Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:

• API ProgressBarTweakInit in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
              • API ProgressBarTweakStart in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
              • API ProgressBarTweakStop in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
              • API ShareImgToService in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
              • API ShareImgUseBytes in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
              • API ShareMessageToService in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
              • API ShareOnlyText in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
          • API WriteImgToCameraRoll in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.

Thank you,

Travis

Monday, April 23, 2018 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Travis,

According to your failure report, it seems you implement third-party extension in your game as I cannot find the API you use in official documentation.

Apps must use the APIs for UWP apps (Windows Runtime or supported Win32 APIs) to be certified for the Microsoft Store. Thus, to pass Store certification, you need to replace these APIs with APIs for UWP apps or delete the related all reference.

Also, you need to compile your app in release mode not as a debug build before create the package.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Hi Mattew,

I am building a Unity game. With Unity you have to build in Master and x86. I am not using third party dlls. I have no problems with supported API testing on my local machine. I only have issues when I submit to the store. Is there any reason why the supported API testing would be different when you submit to the store vs when you test locally?

Thank you,

Travis

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 4:15 PM
  • Hi Travis,

If so, please create a support ticket through your developer account to investigate the failure with specific details.

You could select Applications as your Issue Type and submit an incident.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:08 AM