Kerning and base line shifting RRS feed

• Question

• I try to make VSTO ( C# ) app to apply custom Kerning and changer base line.

for Arabic (Urdu). Different Kerning for each word or crater and Different base line for each word or crater.

and may both apply same time on text

plz............ help me..........

Thanks

Monday, October 12, 2015 11:57 AM

Answers

• ​According to your description, I have tried to custom Kerning in Word like this:

>>>I try to make VSTO ( C# ) app to apply custom Kerning and changer base line.
    for Arabic (Urdu). Different Kerning for each word or crater and Different base line for each word or crater.<<<

Could you provide more details about how you custom Kerning and changer base line?
    otherwise could you provide more information about which version office is to develop VSTO project,screen shot,sample code,etc.? that will help us to reproduce and resolve your issue.

Meanwhile if I didn't misunderstand, I suggest that you could use Font.Kerning Property (Word) that returns or sets the minimum font size for which Microsoft Word will adjust kerning automatically. Read/write Single.

This example sets the minimum font size for automatic kerning to 12 points or larger in the active document.

ActiveDocument.Content.Font.Kerning = 12

This example displays the minimum font size for which Word will automatically adjust kerning in the selected text.

If Selection.Type = wdSelectionNormal Then 
     MsgBox Selection.Font.Kerning 
    Else 
     MsgBox "You need to select some text." 
    End If

For more information, click here to refer about Font.Kerning Property (Word)

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 2:06 PM