none
SP 2013 - Lookup Column View Threshold RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I know that there is a List View Lookup Threshold maintained at the WebApp level. In my case - it is 20.

I have added more than 35 Lookup columns (which includes direct lookup, additional fields from lookup, people picker etc.)

I can see the list view performance getting hit. But I did not receive the message - "This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns exceeds the threshold"

Page performance is good on Chrome but not on IE, but no error message. Can someone explain the reason why I did not receive the error message of exceeding the lookup view threshold ?

Regards

Mridul Arora

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Mridul, 

Per my test, additional fields from lookup just represent one lookup column. 

eg: if you choose "lookup", "lookup:Created", "lookup:Version" in a view, it just represent as one look up column. So choose more lookup column such as those lookup, person/group, or workflow status columns and compare the results. 

A user with participant role will get the error when look up column exceed List view lookup threshold in a view:

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Nagendra Pal Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mridul Arora Friday, June 28, 2019 2:21 PM
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hello Mridul Arora,

Might be you are logged in using SCA (site collection administrator that's why you are not getting this message) once try with normal user.

Thanks,

Rohit

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:55 AM
  • Hi Rohit,

Yes I was logged in with SCA rights. But even a user with participant role is not getting this error. We tried on both public and personal views.

Regards

Mridul Arora

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:29 AM
  • Hi Mridul, 

Per my test, additional fields from lookup just represent one lookup column. 

eg: if you choose "lookup", "lookup:Created", "lookup:Version" in a view, it just represent as one look up column. So choose more lookup column such as those lookup, person/group, or workflow status columns and compare the results. 

A user with participant role will get the error when look up column exceed List view lookup threshold in a view:

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Nagendra Pal Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mridul Arora Friday, June 28, 2019 2:21 PM
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi Mridul, 

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Lisa Chen

Friday, June 28, 2019 2:05 AM
  • Thanks Lisa.
    Friday, June 28, 2019 2:21 PM