none
Get track changes user name programmatically RRS feed

• Question

• I am using WPF c# code.I have a requirement as to capture the Review-->Track changes --> username so as to save the username.How can I get it through code.

• Moved by ahmedilyas Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:28 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    • Moved by Jie BaoModerator Friday, January 20, 2012 5:19 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:25 AM

All replies

• What is your code now? And what is the Review-->Track changes --> username? Please provide more information about them, thanks.

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Anyupdate?
    Bob Bao [MSFT]
    Friday, January 20, 2012 3:53 AM
  • By Review-->Track changes --> username, I mean the Review pane in the MS office documents have username within the track changes menu..Can I change it programmatically?
    Friday, January 20, 2012 4:08 AM
  • By Review-->Track changes --> username, I mean the Review pane in the MS office documents have username within the track changes menu..Can I change it programmatically?
    Friday, January 20, 2012 4:16 AM
  • Hi ams16, 

It should be a Office Word development question, not WPF or C# specific, I will help you to move it to the correct forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/worddev/threads But this thread is too old, so I still recommend you to post a new one in the Word for Developers forum.

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    Friday, January 20, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Hello,

You have to use the interop dlls from VSTO to achieve this from what I know. There, after openning the document, you can user the Reviews collection to see any changes, get the user name and save/discard the changes.

Best regards,

Silviu.

http://www.rosoftlab.net/
    Friday, January 20, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hi ams

I'm not sure exactly what it is you want to do. Is your WPF app automating the Word application, with user interaction?

Or are you trying to manipulate files on a server, without user interaction?

In the first case, which version of Word is involved?

In the second case, in which file format are the documents (*.doc or *.docx)?

In general terms, if we're talking about the first case, the UserName property depends from the WordApplication object: WordApplication.UserName. Changing this will change the setting across the entire Word application interface, so you want to be careful about doing this to a user...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, January 20, 2012 3:34 PM