Kinect Speech RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully built the solution for the "Speech" and have added extra colors such as pink, white, black, etc and the kinect recognizes them all in the rather loud room.. Im wondering how is it possible to force the Kinect to execute a command when these words are recognized?  Can these words be made into multi word phrases or be routed through a UI?
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:45 AM

Answers

• the simplest solution would be to evaluate the value of e.Result.Text when SreSpeechRecognized () is called.  You will notice that e.Result.Text is being used to output the result to the console. You could use if then else or a case statement to evaluate the string and perform other actions based on that.

The more complicated (but also more powerful) solution is to create a more sophisticated grammar that uses semantic values for choices.  You can learn more about this by looking at older resources on the web.  You can learn a lot about building grammars here: http://geekswithblogs.net/UlteriorMotiveLounge/archive/2008/11/15/dee-jay-part-1-decorating-composing-or-encompassing.aspx but there are many other ways to go about it.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 12:59 AM

All replies

• I noticed you can add multi word phrases and it picks them up with ease but I'm wondering how can each color be made into a command?
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:56 AM
  • the simplest solution would be to evaluate the value of e.Result.Text when SreSpeechRecognized () is called.  You will notice that e.Result.Text is being used to output the result to the console. You could use if then else or a case statement to evaluate the string and perform other actions based on that.

The more complicated (but also more powerful) solution is to create a more sophisticated grammar that uses semantic values for choices.  You can learn more about this by looking at older resources on the web.  You can learn a lot about building grammars here: http://geekswithblogs.net/UlteriorMotiveLounge/archive/2008/11/15/dee-jay-part-1-decorating-composing-or-encompassing.aspx but there are many other ways to go about it.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 12:59 AM
  • The ShapeGame sample might help you get started. It should be installed under ...\Users\Public\Documents\Microsoft Research KinectSDK Samples\NUI\ShapeGame

Hope this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:44 PM