none
Login failed while calling WCF method from client ? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have WCF(.svc) service and for calling WCF method i have created windows application. In windows appl i have added reference and call WCF method. It calling perfectly when method do not have database interaction but when method does have database interaction then it gives me below error-

Login Failed.The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication.

This method call database connection because method contain stored Procedure.

Please suggest if anybody have such experienced!!!!!

• Edited by Maggy111 Monday, February 25, 2013 12:50 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 4:23 PM

Answers

• Are you able to call that method with the same account you are using for sql server ? ( If you donot F11 ) ?

This error is probably coming from SQL Server.You probably need to ask domain admin to give user more rights ( by going to Active Directory ) so that  SQL server allows login.

I hope this helps !

Thanks,

BR,

JollyWagoner

Friday, February 22, 2013 7:33 PM
  • Hi Maggy,

Check this out.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/br/sqlgetstarted/thread/2eb22ddb-3f68-48e8-b895-cd57feddde33

Thanks,

BR,

JollyWagoner

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:08 AM

All replies

• Are you able to call that method with the same account you are using for sql server ? ( If you donot F11 ) ?

This error is probably coming from SQL Server.You probably need to ask domain admin to give user more rights ( by going to Active Directory ) so that  SQL server allows login.

I hope this helps !

Thanks,

BR,

JollyWagoner

Friday, February 22, 2013 7:33 PM
  • Thanks Jolly,

Can you please tell me step to step if you can!!!!

Thanks!!

Saturday, February 23, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Hi Maggy,

Check this out.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/br/sqlgetstarted/thread/2eb22ddb-3f68-48e8-b895-cd57feddde33

Thanks,

BR,

JollyWagoner

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:08 AM