Add to List RRS feed

• Question

• User-401818107 posted

Hi experts, I have a category page. When the user views the items and if he likes them, he will add them to his list. Later he will come back to view them from  my list link.

I also want to add the delete button beside the items in my list link  for the user to remove the items too.  How to accomplish the job with the simple coding?

Thank you!

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:31 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi Jessy,

Could you please post more details information about your requirement?

As far as I know, there are two ways to acheive your requirement. One way is using jquery on the client-side, another way is using webform code-behind.

Could you please tell me you want which way?

Do you want to store the items list in the database or some else? If user access next time, he could see the list item.

If you could post more details information, it will be more easily for us to understand your requirement and provide the solution. 

Best Regards,

Brando

Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:11 AM
  • User-401818107 posted

Thank you! When user view the items on the product category page, he will click the button of add to my list. Then he will see the image immediately showing on the top of the page and beside it, he will see my list button showing 1 item.

If the users do not delete the image, it will be there. Is it done by Jquery or database? If in database, it should be in runtime, is it correct? Otherwise too many items will be added  in the database. How to solve this?

Thank you!

Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:43 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi Jessy,

Do you want to keep the item list when OP closed the browser and login next time?

If you have this requirement, you should store the data into database or other memory.

If you just want keep the list before user close the browser, I suggest you could store the data into session or cookie.

No matter, you choose which way, you should use jquery to achieve your requirement.

You could set a div in the page, if use click the add button, you could use jquery to clone the item html element and add it into the list div.

Best Regards,

Brando

Friday, November 30, 2018 5:34 AM
  • User-401818107 posted

No login is required. Session might be the best way. Could you give me an example? Thank you!

Friday, November 30, 2018 3:24 PM
  • User-401818107 posted

Hi experts, can anyone give me an example of how to do it?

Thank you!

Sunday, December 2, 2018 2:22 AM
  • User-401818107 posted

I have come across this page which is similar.  A button "Add to List" is at the right side of the image. When the user clicks Add to the list button, it will be added to the My List. 

The button turns to Remove from the list once Add to List has been clicked.  How to accomplish it? Thank you!

https://www.pcna.com/leeds/en-us/leeds-mobiletech-power/product/7121-50_reg-

Sunday, December 2, 2018 9:27 PM