Video border issue

Question

• I wonder if you can help point us to someone regarding an issue we are having with our published app in the Windows Store (http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-GB/app/sql-database-fundamentals/f9f23c6f-e4d3-46df-acca-33c9b0d8c36c)

Basically we have a set of 1024x768 videos which are displaying 1 pixel down and to the right, cropping the bottom and right edge of the video by 1 pixel and leaving a 1 border at the top and left hand side.  The code we used is: <table><tr><td style="width:1024px; vertical-align:top; padding-right:10px"><video controls="controls" src="Lesson00.mp4"></video></td>

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let me try to explain you how the layout works and might solve your problem. Normally the layout looks like below(Image).

When you set padding-right:10px for your td block, there must be 10px on the right side, your td width is 1024px and video width is also 1024px, therefore your video will probably move 10px left for the padding space.

So a good suggestion is to set video width as 98% or less to see if the video is still out of the box. But you should also pay attention to your table position, if somewhere in CSS define your table left-top position is not in the screen, the video will also appears some pixels out of the box.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

I tried to draw out the problem which I understood from your confusing description and if something not correct, update me please.

So the Black Grid is your application and inside there is a video(the red one), but it seems the location of the video is not correct, it displays 1 pixel down and right. Now the problem is how to move the video to a correct place.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:25 AM
  • Hi,

Let me try to explain you how the layout works and might solve your problem. Normally the layout looks like below(Image).

When you set padding-right:10px for your td block, there must be 10px on the right side, your td width is 1024px and video width is also 1024px, therefore your video will probably move 10px left for the padding space.

So a good suggestion is to set video width as 98% or less to see if the video is still out of the box. But you should also pay attention to your table position, if somewhere in CSS define your table left-top position is not in the screen, the video will also appears some pixels out of the box.

Best Regards,

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:04 AM