can't use weather app

Question

• when i open the weather (rss reader ,twitter ) app in metro ,it stay in the beginning state.  it seems that the app can't connected to the services.  how to handle it ?

Friday, September 16, 2011 11:53 AM

Answers

• Check out the thread here. There is some solutions to that problem. I had that problem as well and this is how I fixed it.

I believe the apps not working has something to do with the live ID. What happened for me was, when I installed Windows 8, I didn't have an internet connection yet, So I created a local account. The apps worked then. However, when I added my live ID to my user account, the apps stopped working.

Here is how I got them working again. First, I created a new user, then I logged off of my first user. Then I logged in to my new user, then deleted the first user. Then I created another new user, this time using my live ID. Then I logged out of the second user, and into the new user, then finished by deleting the second user. I know it seems like a lot of work, but it is probably better than reinstalling the whole OS. Though, I am not sure that my fix will fix it for everyone.

I hope this helps,

Joshua

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/867a784f-b479-4163-89ac-cfb437e2570d/

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:33 PM

All replies

• Check out the thread here. There is some solutions to that problem. I had that problem as well and this is how I fixed it.

I believe the apps not working has something to do with the live ID. What happened for me was, when I installed Windows 8, I didn't have an internet connection yet, So I created a local account. The apps worked then. However, when I added my live ID to my user account, the apps stopped working.

Here is how I got them working again. First, I created a new user, then I logged off of my first user. Then I logged in to my new user, then deleted the first user. Then I created another new user, this time using my live ID. Then I logged out of the second user, and into the new user, then finished by deleting the second user. I know it seems like a lot of work, but it is probably better than reinstalling the whole OS. Though, I am not sure that my fix will fix it for everyone.

I hope this helps,

Joshua

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/867a784f-b479-4163-89ac-cfb437e2570d/

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Thank you for this answer, worked perfectly.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:42 PM
  •  Thank you for you answer, weather app work well now.  

Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:25 AM