Binding HtmlControl Source Uri winjs

Question

• hello guys,, i m have a list of pages and i want to have a template that renders a list of pages...

After some reasearch i read that to bind a  data-win-options  property we should use winControl, but i tried and it doesn't work. i get a error saying the uri property doesn't exist.

If i take the div HtmlControl out, and use a iframe, and bind to the src of the iframe, it works.

<div id="bluePrintTemplate" data-win-control="WinJS.Binding.Template" style="display: none">
                <div id="blueprintItem">
                    <h2 data-win-bind="innerText: Name" class="label"></h2>
                    <div class="content" data-win-control="WinJS.UI.HtmlControl" data-win-bind="winControl.uri: Url">
                    </div>

</div>
    </div>

any help isapreciated :) 

thanks

Rui

Monday, May 14, 2012 6:27 PM

All replies

• no help?
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Hi Rui,

The error message is telling you the correct thing.  The Html control does not have a Url property correct?  If it does not exist, you cannot set it.

You need to use some object that has a Url property, perhaps an <iframe> would work for you?  Why do you want to use that particular control?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:25 PM
  • Humm i don't think you are right, it doesn't have a Url.. Htmlcontrol has a URI property like this:

<div id="contentlisthost" data-win-control="WinJS.UI.HtmlControl" data-win-options="{uri: '/html/blueprints/pageTest.html'}"> </div>  

So this works if i set the uri ,but when iuse this inside a template and try to bind my URL property the URI property of the control like this

<div class="contentlisthost" data-win-control="WinJS.UI.HtmlControl" data-win-bind="winControl.uri: Url">

it fails!

Monday, May 21, 2012 11:44 AM
  • That is an options parameter and not a property of the object.  The way the binding works is to bind to a property of the object.  The <iframe> object does have a src property so you could use the iframe object.  Does that clear things up for you?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:39 PM