How to resolve white screen after publish? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Atlas! I was able to successfuly published my 3-tier LS test project without any error.  The only thing is, I got a big white screen saying nothing.  I experimented to publish it as web(not desktop) but, I also got a white screen with the word "Loading" freezed at the center.

I've been searching for a solution but seems those threads I browsed doens't apply to my problem.

Has anyone encountered this before and has solved it successfuly?

I appreciate so much any input.

KharolJ

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:05 PM

Answers

• Please refer to this blog post for instructions on trouble shooting:

Diagnosing Problems in a Deployed 3-Tier LightSwitch Application

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:48 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link.  I have read many threads mentioning about "fiddler" many times before but, I never give any importance and attention to it.  Now it turns out that Fiddler saved my long time troubles in deploying my 3-tier app.

To answer the issue I posted,  I have used Fiddler to detect my deployment errors.  Fiddler may not solve the issue but, it gives a useful hint in solving the problem.  The problem of a "blank screen" after publish may be  caused by many circumstances, but as for me I ended up REPAIRING .NET FRAMEWORK 4.5.

Kharol

• Marked as answer by kharolJ Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:10 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:10 AM

All replies

• If you search the forum, you'll find that this has been asked a number of times.

Basically the answer is usually an unhandled exception in either your screen code, or in an extension that you have installed in the project.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Please refer to this blog post for instructions on trouble shooting:

Diagnosing Problems in a Deployed 3-Tier LightSwitch Application

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:48 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link.  I have read many threads mentioning about "fiddler" many times before but, I never give any importance and attention to it.  Now it turns out that Fiddler saved my long time troubles in deploying my 3-tier app.

To answer the issue I posted,  I have used Fiddler to detect my deployment errors.  Fiddler may not solve the issue but, it gives a useful hint in solving the problem.  The problem of a "blank screen" after publish may be  caused by many circumstances, but as for me I ended up REPAIRING .NET FRAMEWORK 4.5.

Kharol

• Marked as answer by kharolJ Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:10 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:10 AM
  • Thanks for coming back with the solution to your problem. I've also marked Dave's reply as an answer, to give him some credit, seeing as he pointed you to Fiddler.

Feel free to unmark it if you don't agree with me.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:29 AM