none
PSI: Create project based on EPT with template error RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

We are trying to create a project through psi. Whenever an enterprise project type id that is linked with a specific template is provided, we get the following error:

EnterpriseProjectTypeInvalidData

unfortunately the documentation is not very enlightening. If we try to remove the template from the enterprise project type then the creation is done correctly. we have tried using very simple templates (only one task - no assignments) in order to ensure that the data inside the template are valid, and still we are getting this error.

Any ideas? thanx in advance

Spyros

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi spyrosnb,

According to documentation, this error is thrown when 'The WorkflowDataSet for the enterprise project type has data that is not valid.'

Is there a workflow associated with the EPT?

Regards,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:23 PM
  • no, there isn't we have removed approval workflows. 

So far the only way of creating a project of a certain enterprise type that has a template attached is the following:

1) create a project from template (input is the template associated with the EPT)

2) change the EPT of the result project using the Workflow endpoint methods.

but I'm not sure this is the most correct way to achieve this

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:22 PM
  • You can create a Project and bind it to the EPT GUID you want to target and (already have the EPT tied to a Project template) it works since I've did it last week.
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, June 20, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Hi Christophe,

Can you please provide the code snippet on how to create a project through PSI and based on a project type? This is really needed for me now. Thanks in advance

Thanks

Ravishankar

Thanks & Regards
    Ravishankar Polepalli (MCP,MCC)
    Microsoft Dynamics, Project Server and SharePoint Server Consultant
    ravi.polepalli@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:25 PM